Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Koldo: "I`m getting closer"


After today`s third place in the Vuelta a Andalucia, sprinter Koldo Fernandez had this to say to http://www.fundacioneuskadi.com/ :"I`m feeling very good. The truth is, I`m not that much better than other seasons, but I`m improving my positioning. That has always been my handicap. Although my strenght is good, I loose much on bad positioning. I want to thank Beñat Albizuri for the great work he did for me today. He guided me very well in the closing stages, and he helps me with the positioning as he takes me to the front". On his current season he said: "I`m racking up good results this campaign. I trained well this winter so that I would have a good start to the season. In Mallorca and Andalucia I was twice eight, once sixth, once fourth and, today, third. I`m almost always in the top-10 on the flat stages. It`s just a shame I always start with a disadvantage because of my positioning. Today, for example, I had to overcome Freire and started 10 metres behind Napolitano. Though, I didn`t loose further ground, I even reduced the gap a little. The experience I`m getting right now is invaluable. I`m not saying I`ll win anytime soon, but I`m getting closer. And someday..." Koldo further praised Euskaltel`s work in Andalucia, saying: "The team is doing phenomenal. We`re active in every race, we`re in all the breaks. That`s no coincidence, that`s a sign of our great form. During the race we`re all trying to help Antton (Luengo), as he`s very high on the GC, but in the sprints, Unai (Etxebarria) and I play our cards with the help of Beñat (Albizuri). Tomorrow`s stage is demanding, but I`ll try to stay with the best and I`m sure I`ll be there if there`s a sprint".

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers