Friday, February 24, 2012

Antón: "I felt good"
















Igor Antón placed 15th overall and twice finished top ten on stages in the recently conluded Vuelta a Andalucía - results stronger than what's been the norm at this time of the season from the 29-year-old in the past. 'Fuji' looked to be climbing well throughout the race, and naturally expressed his contentment when speaking to Gara post-stage.

"It was the first real test of the season. The goal was to work as a team, and if we got a result on board, all the better. Looking at the race now, I felt we were always up there despite not grabbing a win or a top GC placing. The form is coming along bit by bit".

"The third stage was more suited to me (he placed sixth). Yesterday's climb wasn't that steep and I was further back, but I still felt pretty good. Gorka Izagirre and Jorge Azanza were in the break, me and Samu were up there at the end, so overall it was a good performance. Looking ahead, we're optimistic".

Listen to Antón's evaluation of the race on video here.

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers