Saturday, April 06, 2013

Serebryakov tests positive











Euskaltel Euskadi rider Alexander Serebryakov has tested positive for an as of yet unnamed substance, the team today confirms in a press release.

According to the team, the UCI reported an adverse analytical finding after testing the Russian at his home on March 18th. In keeping with ethics and regulations, Euskaltel has "immediately decided to expel the cyclist from the team and suspend him of employment and salary".

Shortly after the disturbing news broke through, the 25-year-old issued the following statement:

"I, Alexander Serebryakov, wish to clarify the matter of my recent positive doping control. I want to make it clear that the team has nothing to do with this situation, and that it is a personal problem that I will try to clarify in the next few days.

"Team Euskaltel Euskadi and its technical, medical and support staff have always emphasized their commitment to zero tolerance with doping, and their work in favour of a clean, transparent and credible cycling. I deeply regret what happened, and I apologize to the team and my teammates for this unfortunate situation".

More on this story as information comes through.

Photo: Euskaltel Euskadi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shit! Enough of this.. I hope the team's morale isn't damaged. Lance Armstrong can help with advice.
John

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers