Tuesday, December 25, 2012

No luck for overseas 'crossers

The top placings escaped the Basque cyclo-cross contingent racing in the fifth round of the World Cup-series in Namur on Sunday.

Hirumet-Taldea duo Egoitz Murgoitio and Jonathan Lastra, as well as MMR-Spiuk's Javier Ruiz de Larrinaga, all lined up for the race, but none managed to crack the top 20.

Murgoitio had to contend with two punctures and a disappointing 26th place, leaving him frustrated at the finish line.

"For one reason or another I can't seem to get a result that satisfies me", he told Deia. "I don't know what's up with all the punctures this year. I'm using the same tires as always, so I guess it's just a question of luck. We have to be realistic, though, and I'd be among the top 15 or 20 if I could avoid mishaps. I think that's where I belong", he concluded, before adding "happy christmas to everyone".

The precocious Jonathan Lastra did not have the best of days either, finishing two laps down in 43rd place - and thus outside the UCI's limit.

Javier Ruiz de Larrinaga ended up an anonymous 31st, but wasn't all too disappointed afterwards.

"My body responded physically, though my technique was a bit rushed", a satisfied Larrinaga said after completing his first international race of the season.

All three will be back in World Cup action on Wednesday in Zolder.

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers