Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Samu pleased with stage four performance


Samu Sánchez expressed his contentment with his performance that placed him 17th on today's first testing stage in the Vuelta. Here's what he had to say afterwards: "We've passed the first important test of the race and we've been ahead. I preferred to ascend the climb with a constant rhythm, as that's the best option for me on this climb. If you follow the attacks at the start you can crack and lose a lot of time. I'm content as I've had good sensations, and this makes me optimistic. The Vuelta has only just begun, and there's a lot of racing left to be done". Speaking on the team's efforts, Samu told Euskaltel's homepage:" The stage started really fast, indicating that the peloton in this race is quite strong. The team has been great and has worked all day long. We put three riders in the break of the day and, when he reached the Covadonga, I had the help of Igor, who was magnificent. If Igor really is this good he'll provide valuable support and he can be a joker in the race".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tomorrow he will try, the stage fits his style. Sure

Magnus said...

Yeah, think so too. If a small group comes together to the finish he might win, as he's got a good sprint in him.

Anonymous said...

Great blog!. I was really surprised when I found an Iban Mayo blog ... in English!!!!.
Well, The stage for today is not the best to create a big time difference,I think. But I agree with anonymous, good for a stage victory.

Aupa Samu!

Magnus said...

welcome rober:D

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers