Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bilbao ready for exams

19-year-old Naturgas Energía climber Pello Bilbao spoke to DEIA yesterday about his recent win, his season as a whole, and the unenviable task of combining a cycling career with studies and exams. Here's what the Gernika native had to say: "So far this year I'm pleased with my results. But before Sunday I hadn't won in a very long time. Although not all the races have gone to plan, I've been feeling good all year and been very consistent in all the races I've taken part in. I hope to continue this way. I feel liberated by the win on Sunday. Especially after what happened in Gorla. (Where Jesus Herrada was adjugded to have crossed the line ahead of Bilbao, though it was widely recognised Pello was the first man across the line) In general I see myself as a climber. I haven't done that many time trials, so I don't know how I'd do in them, and I haven't done any long stage-races either. But going uphill is what I do best. I used to play football when I was younger, but my friends convinced me to start riding a bike instead. Right now I'm not thinking too much about turning pro. At the time being I'm focused on my studies and combining those with my training as best I can. Though I'd like to give it a shot someday."

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers