Sunday, August 29, 2010

"He's incredible"

Beñat Intxausti will be Igor Antón's right-hand man in the Vuelta this year. And the young protégé is not mincing his words when speaking of his captain. "I believe Igor can stay with the very best", he told DEIA. "I've known him for a long time, but I'm honest when I say that I've never seen him like this before. He's incredible. He can finish on the podium. And I'll help him to get there. I'll mainly be there for him in the mountains, that's my territory, but I'll give it my all for him." Speaking of his own chances, Beñat was unsure of what to expect. "I don't know how I'll hold up after three weeks", he said. "I want to do well, I'm motivated and I don't discard anything." Beñat has only ever done one GT, last year's Vuelta, but Igor is sure he'll put in a strong performance, saying: "Beñat can be the big surprise of the race, just like I was in 2006. Of course, you never really know how good you'll be, but this year the two of us together can give the Basques a good Vuelta".

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers