Sunday, August 08, 2010

Samu pens new deal

Samuel Sánchez has put pen to paper on a deal that will keep him at Euskaltel until 2012. Obviously great news for fans, directors, teammates and Samu alike. With Samu, Igor and Romain now tied do the team for at least another couple of years, Euskaltel can rest assured they'll be invited to the biggest races and that the team will be attractive for sponsors. Speaking after signing the deal, the Olympic champ said: "Euskaltel Euskadi has been my team for all my life and, to be honest, I can't picture myself wearing another jersey eventhough I had some very good offers (from other teams). I want to say thanks publically to the teams that wanted my services. I never discarded any proposals, but I've opted for the one that I think will be best for me. It's a great joy to be able to continue in the same team that gave me the chance to go pro. I'm very emotionally attached to this project. I've been here for 14 years if you count in the three years I rode as an amateur. I'd like to give a special mention to Miguel Madariaga, the head of this project, who have given so much of his life for this team to be at the top. The reason this is still a team is much down to Miguel. I'd also like to thank Igor González de Galdeano for the confidence he's shown in me as a leader of the team. It's a pride for me to wear this jersey. We're hoping for two very intense years competing at the highest level in this sport." Galdeano was equally delighted, saying: "It's very important that Samu's staying 'til 2012; we're at the highest level in this sport and he's one of the more recognizable riders internationally. We couldn't have hoped for better news."

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers