Saturday, June 21, 2008

Igor pleased with ITT

Igor was content with his performance in today's grueling mountain time trial. He got 7th on the stage and thus defended his 3rd place overall. Speaking to reporters after crossing the line, Igor said: "I'm pleased with the result. It's the first time I've done such a long mountain time trial, and I'm positive about it. This experience will do me the world of good for the future. It's still just climbing, but it's different when you're on your own all day compared to a normal stage. I was concious that the last part was hard, so I didn't give it all to start with. I managed to keep my 3rd place overall. I hope that there won't be any surprises tomorrow so that I can finish on the podium. A 3rd place overall would be just reward for the effort the whole team's put in."

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers