Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Samu looking for wins

Samu won't let the Tour ghosts of the past come back to haunt him this year, as he's looking to finish the Tour for the first time ever. Samu took part in 2002 and 2003, but had to abandon both edition's. Speaking of this year's event, Samu had this to say: "It's been five years since I last did the Tour, and I'm a different rider. I'm more mature both on and off the bike. I confront the difficulties in a different way. I have a lot of respect for the race, but I know I've prepared well and that we'll get our chances in this Tour. Our goal must be to win a stage. That's what the team needs. A podium place overall is a possibility, but it'll be hard to make history in that aspect (Euskaltel have never placed a rider on the overall podium). There are many favourites, but I think it'll come down to the usual suspects; Evans, Valverde, Sastre and Menchov." I'd like to add a certain Samuel Sánchez to that list...

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers