Saturday, March 15, 2008

"Mayo is attractive to watch"

Igor and Beñat Intxausti are both like us. They're fans of Iban. Igor and the young Saunier Duval climbing sensation talked about the pairing of Iban and Haimar in DEIA and, when asked if they were "mayistas" or "zubeldistas", they both expressed their admiration for Iban. "I've never only liked one of them, but I've always identified myself more with Iban because of the way he rides", Igor said. "He's more aggressive, but Haimar's regularity has made achieve better results in the Tour though". Beñat, who I'm still sad is not with Euskaltel, agreed: "Mayo is more attractive to watch and, in addition, he's from around here (Bizkaia)". Well, I couldn't agree more, and it's a fact that the two have always reminded me of Iban with their aggressive way of riding up mountains. They are both, like Iban was, destined for greatness.

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers