Monday, September 15, 2008

Andoni shines in Poland

It was a good second stage for the team in the Tour of Poland today. Andoni got into the break of the day, along with local favourite Bodnar and Italian veteran Longo Borghini, and took maximum points at all three intermediate sprints along the way. He therefore leads that particular competition going into the third stage. "It was a very hard stage", he said afterwards. "It was more than 230 kilometres long, and I'm pleased. I got into the break of the day and captured the red jersey of the intermediate sprints classification. I knew it'd be hard to stay away, but it was great to step up to the podium and receive the jersey. The teams of the sprinters controlled the stage, and we knew they would, but we had to give it a try. Coming to Poland, I felt my form was good, and leading this competition gives me confidence. I'll try to continue this way". We sure hope you will, as it would be a nice way to round of the season. Everyone but Andoni and Josu, who both came in 7:21 down, rolled in with the peloton.

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers