Caja Rural's Miguel Ángel Benito gave added proof of his unquestionable talent by powering to victory in a Torneo Lehendakari-ranked race in Beasain on Saturday.
The 19-year-old has been in superb form of late and followed up his victory in Natxitua last weekend with another solo win in Beasain. As a result, Benito added to his overall series lead and should, if he avoids injuries, take home the big trophy at the end of the year.
Francisco Medina made sure the green team had two representatives on the podium by coming home third, Héctor Sáez of Seguros Bilbao finishing second.
- 1, Miguel Ángel Benito (Caja Rural), 3:05:58
- 2, Héctor Sáez (Seguros Bilbao), 0:02
- 3, Francisco Medina (Caja Rural), 0:12
- 4, Beñat Txoperena (Gipuzkoa-Eki Sport), 0:23
- 5, Peio Goikoetxea (Cafés Baqué-Conservas Campos), 0:41
- 6, Ion Iriarte (Gipuzkoa-Eki Sport), 1:22
- 7, Igor Romero (Ikolan Lanaldi), s.t.
- 8, Paul Usabel (Cafés Baqué-Conservas Campos), s.t.
- 9, Unai Intziarte (Gipuzkoa-Eki Sport), s.t.
- 10, Fernando Grijalba (Caja Rural), s.t.