Lizarte did as they pleased in Igantzi on Saturday as Víctor Martín took his umpteenth victory of the year ahead of team-mate Higinio Fernández.
Martín was easily the strongest rider on the ascents in the Torneo Euskaldun-ranked race, soloing in a handful of seconds ahead of former professional Fernández. Closing out the podium was Seguros Bilbao's David Casillas, reports the Basque Cycling Federation.
Kanpazar Harrobia's Sergio Tejada was crowned regional champion of Navarra as he was the first local rider across the line.
- 1, Víctor Martín (Lizarte), 3:16:10
- 2, Higinio Fernández (Lizarte), 0:05
- 3, David Casillas (Seguros Bilbao), s.t.
- 4, Antton Ibarguren (Telco'm-Conor), 0:15
- 5, Unai Elorriaga (Eustrak), s.t.
- 6, Erik Altuna (Telco'm-Conor), s.t.
- 7, Ander Plazaola (Lizarte), s.t.
- 8, Joseba Del Barrio (Gipuzkoa-Eki Sport), s.t.
- 9, Beñat Txoperena (Gipzukoa-Eki Sport), 0:26
- 10, Carlos Antón Jiménez (Caja Rural), 0:41