Carlos Jiménez made it back to back wins for Caja Rural this weekend as he came out tops in Bergara, Gipuzkoa, on Sunday.
Miguel Ángel Benito handed the prolific team the win in Beasain on Saturday, and Jiménez followed that up nicely with a win of his own a day later after emerging as the fastest sprinter from a 20-something group that formed in the closing clicks.
Strong climber Ander Plazaola of Lizarte tried to go it alone with a ferocious attack the last time going up the Asentzio climb, but it all came back together for a small sprint finish.
Alain González of Naturgas Energía had to make to with second, while Paul Usabel of Cafés Baqué, eighth yesterday, closed out the podium.
- Carlos Jiménez (Caja Rural), 3:03:41
- Alain González (Naturgas Energía), s.t.
- Paul Usabel (Cafés Baqué-Conservas Campos), s.t.
- Imanol Díaz (Seguros Bilbao), s.t.
- Igor Romero (Ikolan), s.t.
- Cristian Astalts (Reyno de Navarra), s.t.
- Jokin Etxabe (Debabarrena), s.t.
- Miguel Ángel Benito (Caja Rural), s.t.
- Beñat Etxabe (Debabarrena), s.t.
- Antonio Molina (Caja Rural), s.t.