Gipuzkoa-Eki Sport's Ibai Daboz added further to his palmarès by sprinting to triumph from a small group in Sunday's Torneo Lehendakari-race in Markina, reports the Basque Cycling Federation.
The 22-year-old has been in a rich vein of form of late, his win in the Vuelta al Bidasoa stage over the Jaizkíbel one of many highlights in a consistent spring.
The key moment in the Memorial Sabin Foruria, as the race is officially known, was the last ascent of Lekoitz. A group of nine formed at the front of the race, and they would go on to hold off the pack.
Daboz bested Egoitz Fernández of Seguros Bilbao and Antonio Pedrero of Lizarte to the line to etch his name into the race's roll call of winners.
- 1, Ibai Daboz (Gipuzkoa-Eki Sport), 2:36:55
- 2, Egoitz Fernández (Seguros Bilbao), s.t.
- 3, Antonio Pedrero (Lizarte), s.t.
- 4, Jaime Rosón (Caja Rural), s.t.
- 5, Mario González (Cafés Baqué-Conservas Campos), s.t.
- 6, Diego León Cuervo (Cafés Baqué-Conservas Campos), s.t.
- 7, Beñat Txoperena (Gipuzkoa-Eki Sport), s.t.
- 8, Ariel Sivori (Supermercados Froiz), 0:09
- 9, Marc Soler (Lizarte), 0:18
- 10, Paul Usabel (Cafés Baqué-Conservas Campos), 0:29