Monday, May 06, 2013

Sánchez - It was pure bad luck













Euskaltel and Samuel Sánchez were left to curse their bad luck after Sunday's stage two team time trial in the Giro d'Italia.

Ricardo Mestre's puncture inside the last two clicks forced the team to a near stand-still as they had to sit up and wait for their team-mate, seeing valuable seconds going down the drain in the process.

As it turned out, Euskaltel finished a minute down on Bradley Wiggins' Sky, meaning the Euskaltel team leader is the worst-placed pre-race overall candidate on GC heading into Monday's stage three.

"We were going well in the first part", he says according to BiciCiclismo. "But unfortunately Ricardo Mestre suffered a puncture towards the end. I think we may have lost 20 seconds, perhaps even half a minute.

"It was pure bad luck".

Despite suffering yet another bad start to a Grand Tour campaign, the Asturian prefers to look at it from a positive side.

"I'm pleased with my condition. Unexpected things like that can happen, but let's hope that we've now had our dose of bad luck and that we'll be more lucky soon".

3 comments:

azanca02 said...

I run tubulars all the time and I use Cafe Latex in them just for putctures. Why do pros not use them. On a normal day they can easily just get a new wheel. But I have ridden 20 miles home on a tire that I had punctured and it had cafe latex in it.

Magnus said...

Never tried Cafe Latex myself, but I've heard it's supposed to be decent. Are no pros using them?

Anonymous said...

other generic propecia will available - generic propecia manufacturers

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers