Euskaltel and their speedy riders missed out on a golden opportunity in the Tour of Luxembourg on Friday.
The 173km second stage from Schifflange to Walferdange was ideally suited for the sprinters, but as the pack split up on the run-in the riders in orange were left behind.
Giacomo Nizzolo handed RadioShack a second win in two days following Gregory Rast's success in Switzerland on Thursday, while Juan José Lobato, so impressive yesterday, was forced to make do with 39th place 25 seconds down.
- (1, Giacomo Nizzolo (Radioshack), 4:10:24)
- 39, Juan José Lobato, 0:25
- 55, Pablo Urtasun, 0:57
- 64, Rubén Pérez, 1:25
- 85, Ioannis Tamouridis, 9:18
- 105, Jon Aberasturi, s.t.
- 125, Steffen Radochla, 12:45