For the second day running, Euskaltel missed the train in the Tour of Luxembourg.
Just like on stage two, Giacomo Nizzolo of RadioShack sprinted to the win on stage three. And, again like on stage two, the Euskaltel speedsters were found wanting when the pace was upped towards the end.
A 30-rider group was left to duke it out at the end of what was regarded as the race's queen-stage, a 178,8km ride from Eschweiler to Diekirch, but no riders in orange made the cut.
The team's top man was Rubén Pérez in 37th - a minute and a half in arrears
- (1, Giacomo Nizzolo (RadioShack), 4:25:59)
- 37, Rubén Pérez, 1:29
- 48, Juan José Lobato, 2:23
- 63, Jon Aberasturi, 7:18
- 67, Ioannis Tamouridis, s.t.
- 111, Pablo Urtasun, 13:29
- 112, Steffen Radochla, s.t.