Two riders abandoned as Euskaltel closed out the Tour of Luxembourg with a low-key final stage on Sunday.
Local prodigy Bob Jungels was crowned the victor of the last stage despite being handed a 10-second general classification penalty for taking a advantage of a good old-fashiond hand-sling, Madison-style, from team-mate Danilo Hondo in the final hundred metres. Paul Martens of Team Blanco moved up from third on GC to claim the final overall triumph.
The Euskaltel riders didn't manage to make the cut in the finale, Ioannis Tamouridis being the team's top man in 40th, almost three minutes in arrears. Overall, Rubén Pérez's 35th was the team's best result.
German Steffen Radochla and Tour hopeful Pablo Urtasun both posted DNFs.
- (1, Bob Jungels (RadioShack), 3:24:39)
- 40, Ioannis Tamouridis, 2:50
- 51, Rubén Pérez, 3:46
- 65, Jon Aberasturi, 6:31
- 75, Juan José Lobato, 6:44
- DNF: Steffen Radochla, Pablo Urtasun
Final general classification:
- (1, Paul Martens (Blanco), 16:45:38)
- 35, Rubén Pérez, 6:53
- 40, Juan José Lobato, 9:42
- 62, Ioannis Tamouridis, 19:43
- 73, Jon Aberasturi, 23:44