Monday, August 18, 2008

Haimar happy with move

Even though neither Euskaltel nor Haimar himself have confirmed the transfer to Astana, Haimar has expressed his delight at joining Bruyneel's team. "The Astana Team is the best stage-racing team in the world", he said. "I've always admired Johan Bruyneel's teams and to race for him and the best riders is a big honour. I am thankful for the past eleven years, but I'm also excited for the new opportunities and challenges that lie ahead." Sorry all Americans, US Postal/Discovery Channel/LA fans, but what is there to admire with Bruyneel? I know I'm going to piss off a lot of people now, but, come on, we all know his teams have been, yeah, full of dope. It's a strong statement, but I'm serious. I'm sure many of you disagree with me, but if you want to reply to the allegations, though that word sounds really bad, in the comments section, please try to stay serious and not go totally bananas. Anyway, as you've might have noticed by now, this whole case makes me sad. Euskaltel need Haimar, though it doesn't seem Haimar needs Euskaltel I'm afraid.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your thoughts on Bruyneel. Almost all the team - when they leave at least - have been embroiled in doping scandals.

I am devastated that Zubeldia is leaving. He has always been my favourite EE rider. What a shame. I wonder why he decided to leave now...

Alex

Anonymous said...

Dream on Magnus! Bruyneel, Armstrong and all the guys was and still are clean.

Anonymous said...

Great joke! :D

racejunkie said...

This American isn't offended--I'm extremely bummed that Haimar's talent is going to be wasted in Contador's service at Bruyneel's hands. And it is awfully funny how half of Johan's guys suddenly decide to dope the minute they leave the team...

Anonymous said...

maybe I'm stupid but what proof do we have any of them doped?

Anonymous said...

I must say it's a bit hilarious that you still have faith in Iban Mayo, and then at the same time piss all over people who's not judged for anything ;-)

That being said, I don't really disagree with you on this one. Although I will never say with confidence that someone is/was doped if they're not judged, but something absolutely seems a bit fishy when it comes to Bruyneel and his past...

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers