Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Haimar's final goodbye

Finally the departing Haimar decided to write about his transfer to Astana on his own website. Here's what the latest entry on the Euskaltel legend's homepage reads:

The best decision for all parts


I've spoken to many newspapers the last few days, and now it's time to tell all of you who follow my career on this website about my decision to leave the team, a team I've been with all my life. It seems like yesterday that this team gave me the possibility of fulfilling one of my major dreams; becoming a professional cyclist. It's been 11 years. During these 11 years the team has been growing little by little. I feel privileged to have been able to contribute a little bit to this cause. Words of gratefulness is all I've got for the people I've gotten to know while with this team. My team-mates, the staff, the fans, the sponsor, and, above all, Miguel Madariaga, the man who gave me the chance to become a professional cyclist. After all these years, I believe that parting ways is the best decision for both me and the team. I'm 31 and I need new challenges. In addition, the time is ripe to make way for the young talent at the team. As for Euskaltel Euskadi, I wish them the best of luck. It's a team I'll remember with affection. My next stop will be Astana. It'll be a challenge, but a challenge I'm relishing. I hope to pay back the confidence they've shown in me by giving my utmost while on the road. Thank you so much for supporting me all these years. I hope I can still give you reasons to cheer me on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sad about it.

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers